Cable and Underground Asset Location
This exciting Nationally Accredited course is for civil and telecommunications workers who are required to locate underground services prior to commencing excavation or cabling works. Learners gain the skills to accurately locate and avoid costly damaging of buried underground assets.
The course covers:
- Working Safely
- Work Instructions, SWMS and SDS
- Risk assessments, identifying and reporting hazards
- Environmental issues
- Site isolation and traffic management requirements
- Planning and preparation of work areas.
- Tools & equipment
- Dial Before You Dig and contacting utility services
- Visual, Electronic and physical searches
- Theory of electronic locations
- Signal trace frequencies
- Effects of different soil conditions
- Locating underground services.
- Signal injection and grounding
- Search techniques
- Practical operation of locators
- Protecting existing services
- Damage notification requirements
- Closing and cleaning up the area.
- Completing Documentation
Delivers National Competencies
- RIICCM202D -Identify, locate and protect underground services
- NWPNET012 - Use locating devices
Course Duration: 2 days Face to Face
Cost - $595
For enquiries on this course contact our Newcastle Office
Tel: 1300 881 004
Tel: (02) 4944 2902